Well I've been asked to write about SEO.
For those that don't know what SEO is it is the short of Search Engine Optimization. But what does this really mean ? It means that if a good SEO is in place your web page will display on top of the results in some search engine for a certain keyword.
For those that don't know what SERP is ;) it stands for: search engine results page
Sounds like interesting stuff?
Well here are a few steps to actually achieve this:
1. Use H1 html tag to display your title
2. Use H2 for the subtitle
3. Keywords meta, title, description, url, h1 and h2 tags should have something in common if they are the same the satisfaction will be 100% ... so the use of a term like "findacar" for example if used right in all the stuff of the web page shall bring you very good results in search engines with the search term "FIND A CAR"
4. Do bold or strong whenever possible ... Google thinks it is important and raises results for your page for the tagged word
5. Do not use a lot of keywords in the meta
6. New content is very positive... a forum on your site shall bring enough new data for the day
7. Making your sign in the forums at the bottom of your post to be a link at your site will both increase traffic(which is the most powerful SEO) and will give a link to your page(SITES THAT LINK TO YOURS IS CONSIDERED KEY FUNDAMENTAL IN MOST OF THE SEARCH ENGINES FOR DISPLAYING... ESPECIALLY GOOGLE)
8. Don't waist your energy on giving links off your site... it will decrease your overall SEO... especially the Google results for your site
The GOOGLE Page Rank algorithm is LINK based!
It will place you more on top if major PG(Page Rank) sites give a link to yours. So a fundamental concept is to have more inbound links (to your site) ... at the opposite side external links (on your site pointing to an other site) will decrease your PG.
1. The Google algorithm is strongly working depending on links... a good practice is the management of your own links(your inside site navigation and so on links) too!
The very first thing is: NOT HAVING BROKEN LINKS
2. NOT HAVING A TREE STRUCTURE OF LINKS THAT THE CRAWLER WILL CRAW AND END ON A PAGE WHERE IT CAN'T MOVE FROM IT... EXAMPLE NOT HAVING LINKS THAT ARE POINTING BACK TO YOUR HOMEPAGE
3. Having as much links that the crawler needs to crawl ... so not only to have on all the pages the home link but also many others so that the bot stays on your site much longer and finds more info... it is questionable the methods of how the crawler really works but this is tested stuff believe me!
If not used right this might be considered gray or even BLACK hatting so please be ethical,moral and so on on this one! I DO NOT ENCOURAGE THE USE OF ANY BLACK HAT STRATEGIES!!! I am writing strongly white hat strategies which are 100% acceptable from the SEARCH ENGINES policy and terms of service and so on...
This tips are not straight forward so it might be a good idea to check wikipedia or search Google for ideas about this.
1. Making use of the SLASHDOT effect
2. Making use of the DIGG effect
3. Making use of GOOD INFORMATION
This is the most important one!
Making more simple and html-lized as well as friendly and more standard compliant sites will be the most powerful SEO from the view of the development process. The next thing is introducing valuable information!
Hope this one article was useful!
Want to try your SEO skills ?
Wonder how ?
Here is a link to a contest where you can try and will a small price ;)